in vivo EEG Capabilities
MONITOR BRAIN ACTIVITY CHANGES
IN VIVO WITHIN THE BRAIN
check some of our capabilities below
- Essential Tremor
- Harmaline mouse and the ET Band as biomarker of Essential Tremor
- Parkinson’s Disease
- 6-OHDA Rat (unilateral) and BetaPark biomarker of Late-onset Parkinson’s Disease phase
- 6-OHDA Rat (unilateral) and GammaPark biomarker of L-DOPA induced Dyskinesia + AIM scoring
- Soon available: Alpha-synuclein rat model and BetaPark as evolutive biomarker of Prodromal Phase of Parkinson’s Disease
- Cognitive function (Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia)
- Pharmaco-induced models of cognitive dysfunction, tested with ASSR, ERP protocols, both used in the clinic.
- Transgenic or surgical models from third-party provider.
- EEG model Phenotyping: from signature identification to Biomarker validation
- We can Phenotype your own experimental animal model. Using our EEG platform, it is possible for us to identify within the brain subtle oscillatory changes and augment your model with a functional, dynamic and relevant biomarker.
- Once highlighted, the EEG Phenotype of your model can be challenged with the relevant pharmacology and/or compound of your choice to look for a potential reversion.
- Profiling your model therefore offers several possibilities: Functional exploration, drug discovery an development, target validation, disease-modifying strategies and much more!
We track the real-time effect of your compound in vivo and deliver its pharmacodynamics.
- Acute protocol
- Chronic protocol
- Dose-response studies
- Blinded, clinical-like crossover designs
- Add-on protocols after reference compound priming for example
- Positive or negative controls always included
- Blood/plasma sampling for PK analysis
- Customizable protocols including number of animals per group or pharmacological exposure.
- Occurence, number and cumulated duration of discharges (Spike and wave discharges or Hippocampal Paroxysmal Discharges)
- Resting state, spontaneous EEG (RS oscillatory activities)
- Evoked oscillatory activities, Event related EEG Biomarkers (ASSR, ERP, evoked power)
- Pharmaco-induced oscillatory activities and models.
- Simultaneous multisite recordings.
- Multisite coherence
- Inter-trial coherence (ITC)
- Spectral analysis and recommendations
- Power changes
- Phase-Amplitude Coupling
- Sleep trend analysis on demand
- Video monitoring on demand
- Abnormal Involuntary Movements (AIM) scoring in LID context
- Lead selection, validation and optimization with the screening of small libraries of compounds.
- Compound derisking or repurposing
- EEG Model phenotyping and biomarker identification from any experimental disease animal models relevant to your research. Our in vivo EEG platform (Cue®) offers EEG, qEEG, ERP, ASSR phenotyping to identify EEG signatures of the disease or pharmacological pathway you are working on.
- In vivo Pharmacological testing: Get the effect of drug alone on a model of your choice or drug combination to identify superior effect, potentiating effect, side effects or reversion.
- Get further insight into pharmacological action and PK of your compound. Characterize drug effect over time, longitudinally and demonstrate the (ir)reversibility, duration of effect or physiological turn-over of the target.
- Pharmaco-EEG profiling of a compound to determine its effects on resting EEG activities or on evoked or drug-induced EEG activities.
- How does your drug compare?
Assess the best possible combination of different drugs (adjunctive therapies), demonstrate a superior effect and evaluate how your drug stands compared to reference drugs currently on the market.
- Which dose of your compound is the most effective, and when is the peak effect?
Dose-response protocols can be carried out for you longitudinally, in vivo, in a dynamic fashion. Chronic or acute paradigms possible as well as reversion challenges.