in vivo EEG Capabilities
MONITOR BRAIN ACTIVITY CHANGES
IN VIVO WITHIN THE BRAIN
Thanks to 15 years’ experience developping our in vivo capabilities, you can rely on us to get the functional, pharmacodynamic profiling of your compounds using quantitative EEG methods and clinically inspired designs (crossover, blinded…). As a fully-integrated company, we cover the entire value chain in-house and execute your project from A to Z at labs we own and manage. This gives us total control over every step in your study
check some of our capabilities below
All experiments are conducted in vivo, on freely-moving rodent models (mice and rats) of Epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, Psychiatric disorders and other brain diseases.
- Essential Tremor
- Harmaline mouse and the ET Band as biomarker of Essential Tremor
- Parkinson’s Disease
- 6-OHDA Rat (unilateral) and BetaPark biomarker of Late-onset Parkinson’s Disease phase
- 6-OHDA Rat (unilateral) and GammaPark biomarker of L-DOPA induced Dyskinesia + AIM scoring
- Soon available: Alpha-synuclein rat model and BetaPark as evolutive biomarker of Prodromal Phase of Parkinson’s Disease
- Cognitive function (Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia)
- Pharmaco-induced models of cognitive dysfunction, tested with ASSR, ERP protocols, both used in the clinic.
- Transgenic or surgical models from third-party provider.
- EEG model Phenotyping: from signature identification to Biomarker validation…and beyond!
- We can Phenotype your own experimental animal model. Using our EEG platform, it is possible for us to identify within the brain subtle oscillatory changes and augment your model with a functional, dynamic and relevant biomarker.
- Once highlighted, the EEG Phenotype of your model can be challenged with the relevant pharmacology and/or compound of your choice to look for a potential reversion.
- Profiling your model therefore offers several possibilities: Functional exploration, drug discovery an development, target validation, disease-modifying strategies and much more!
Any brain structure is at reach, from cortical to deep brain areas.
More importantly, our in vivo capabilities allow us to perform multisite electrode implantation and perform multisite EEG recordings. It becomes possible to compare ipsi vs contra lateral hemispheres, or get deeper insights on brain connectivity or neuronal projections.
We track the real-time effect of your compound in vivo and deliver its pharmacodynamics.
- Acute protocol
- Chronic protocol
- Dose-response studies
- Blinded, clinical-like crossover designs
- Add-on protocols after reference compound priming for example
- Positive or negative controls always included
- Blood/plasma sampling for PK analysis
- Customizable protocols including number of animals per group or pharmacological exposure.
- Occurence, number and cumulated duration of discharges (Spike and wave discharges or Hippocampal Paroxysmal Discharges)
- Resting state, spontaneous EEG (RS oscillatory activities)
- Evoked oscillatory activities, Event related EEG Biomarkers (ASSR, ERP, evoked power)
- Pharmaco-induced oscillatory activities and models.
- Simultaneous multisite recordings.
- Multisite coherence
- Inter-trial coherence (ITC)
- Spectral analysis and recommendations
- Power changes
- Phase-Amplitude Coupling
- Sleep trend analysis on demand
- Video monitoring on demand
- Abnormal Involuntary Movements (AIM) scoring in LID context
- Lead selection, validation and optimization with the screening of small libraries of compounds.
- Compound derisking or repurposing
- EEG Model phenotyping and biomarker identification from any experimental disease animal models relevant to your research. Our in vivo EEG platform (Cue®) offers EEG, qEEG, ERP, ASSR phenotyping to identify EEG signatures of the disease or pharmacological pathway you are working on.
- In vivo Pharmacological testing: Get the effect of drug alone on a model of your choice or drug combination to identify superior effect, potentiating effect, side effects or reversion.
- Get further insight into pharmacological action and PK of your compound. Characterize drug effect over time, longitudinally and demonstrate the (ir)reversibility, duration of effect or physiological turn-over of the target.
- Pharmaco-EEG profiling of a compound to determine its effects on resting EEG activities or on evoked or drug-induced EEG activities.
- How does your drug compare?
Assess the best possible combination of different drugs (adjunctive therapies), demonstrate a superior effect and evaluate how your drug stands compared to reference drugs currently on the market.
- Which dose of your compound is the most effective, and when is the peak effect?
Dose-response protocols can be carried out for you longitudinally, in vivo, in a dynamic fashion. Chronic or acute paradigms possible as well as reversion challenges.